We’ve removed all the logistic stress of touring Pompeii from Rome with this all-inclusive, value-packed day trip so that you can leave the details to us and enjoy the trip of a lifetime.
POMPEI FROM ROME WITH NAPLES WALKING TOUR
- Adult Ages 18+
- Child Ages 4-17
- Infant Ages 0-3
The ultimate Naples and Pompeii day trip! You’ll take a guided tour of the lost city of Pompeii and savor an authentic Neapolitan pizza lunch followed by a walking tour of Naples. This all-inclusive, history-packed trip from Rome is truly one-of-a-kind!
- Travel in absolute comfort with ample leg room, Wi-Fi, restrooms and refreshments
- Reduce carbon footprint while high speed train cuts travel time to Naples in half
- Top-notch archeologist guides make for an authentic local experience in both Pompeii and Naples
- Sink your teeth into a true Neapolitan pizza
A guided tour of the lost city of Pompeii followed by pizza and a walking tour of Naples – this all-inclusive, XXL day trip from Rome is truly one-of-a-kind!
Check-in at Termini Station and experience the comfort of some Europe’s finest trains. In just over an hour we arrive in Bella Napoli, where your Italia Tours leader will greet you and lead you to a shuttle bus headed straight for the Pompeii Archeological Area.
Meet your guide, a native of Pompeii who will lead you through the streets of this fascinating city while uncovering moments of terror frozen in time, death postures and ruins unchanged from almost two millennia ago. Stroll along the ancient streets where perfectly conserved ancient bakeries, shops, stalls, private and communal residences, public baths and yes, even brothels remain! See plaster casts of the Pompeiians who were immortalized on that tragic day.
Upon conclusion of the guided tour in Pompeii, we’ll visit a historic pizzeria serving some of the most authentic pizza Pompei has to offer (and remember, we’re in the birthplace of Italian pizza, so it’s a competitive market)! After lunch, we’ll make the short ride back to the heart of Naples for more exploring.
Take in the breathtaking view of the Bay of Naples from Posillipo, where the famous saying “See Naples and die” will suddenly make perfect sense. While Vesuvius looms in the distance, take in one of the most naturally and artistically beautiful cities in the world from a stunning vantage point.
As we descend closer to the historic center we’ll take in the magnificent seaside promenade and Castel dell’Ovo from the air-conditioned vehicle and then step out into the “living room” of Naples to view the breathtaking Piazza del Plebescito, the San Carlo Theatre, and of course, the Royal Palace (from outside). No trip to Naples is complete without sampling an authentic Neapolitan espresso and the mother-of-all Italian pastries: the sfogliatella. After enjoying a bit of free time to shop/explore, get a glimpse of the Quartieri Spagnoli (famous for its narrow alleys with clothes drying in the sun) and the Umberto I Gallery. After this brief but satisfying tour of Naples, we return to Rome with your heart (and belly) full, via comfortable high-speed train.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothes and sturdy footwear
- A Hat and sunscreen in summer months
- Round trip high-speed rail tickets from Rome
- Round trip shuttle from Naples to Pompeii
- Fully guided tour with skip-the-line entry to Pompeii
- Lunch in the birthplace of Italian pizza
- Espresso and pastry in Naples
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Naples Museums
- Arrive at Termini Station 30 minutes prior to departure. Full meeting point details are included in your tour confirmation voucher.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least 1 adult to join a tour or an activity.