Visit St. Peter’s Dome in the Vatican. Meet your guide on St. Peter’s Square and stroll across the piazza into the Vatican City, where your climb begins.
ENTIRE VATICAN & VATACOMBS: FLAGSHIP VATICAN TOUR
- Adult ages 18+
- Child ages 6-17
- Infant ages 0-5
Our Flagship Tour of the Vatican and Vatacombs
Meet your expert guide by the Vatican Museum entrance and after brief introductions enjoy skip-the-line entry to what is arguably the most important and largest art collection in the world.
The Vatican Museums weren’t always as we know them today. For over five hundred years, celebrated Popes slowly gathered and commissioned works of art from the most talented painters, architects and sculptors in Italy and brought them to the Vatican to showcase them for their own personal enjoyment and that of a carefully chosen circle of clerics, artists, nobles, and scholars. Each new Pope sought to leave a legacy, commissioning chapels, frescoes, sculptures, libraries, paintings, courtyards – one masterpiece after another until the Papal Collection finally grew to more than 70,000 works of art spread over 1400 galleries.
In 1771 Pope Clement XIV finally opened the doors to the public, making it possible for us to enter the Holy See and walk in the footsteps of Popes and the most celebrated artists from Renaissance and Baroque Italy.
On this epic Vatican Tour you’ll walk in the footsteps of Popes and Renaissance Masters as you take in the Rooms of Raphael and of course the Sistine Chapel from its commissioning to the finishing touches by none other than Michelangelo Buonarroti. With an expert guide, learn to discern between myth, fact, and popular Hollywood fiction regarding this epic work of art.
Enjoy fast-track access to St. Peter’s Basilica to view masterpieces by Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini among others before descending to the Papal crypts below. We conclude on the portico with an overview of Bernini’s magnificent piazza (St. Peter’s Square), the central obelisk, and of course the Swiss Guard.
- Stand just feet away from Michelangelo’s remarkable frescoes in the Sistine Chapel
- Take in the beauty of the extraordinary rooms of Raphael
- Skip all lines with priority tour operator access
- Visit the “Vatacombs,” the eerie resting place of former Popes beneath St. Peter’s Basilica
- Expert local guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Room of the Muses and Belvedere Torso
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Rooms of Raphael
- Gallery of Maps
- Laocoonte Sculpture 1st Century AD
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Vatacombs (papal tombs beneath St. Peter’s)
- Visit to the Necropolis / Scavi
- Transport to and from meeting point
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour. Contact us for private tour options for your group.