POMPEI TOUR FROM ROME WITH AMALFI COAST TRANSFER
- Adult Ages 18+
- Child Ages 6-17
- Infant Ages 0-5
Rome to Pompeii by high-speed train followed by a transfer to the stunning Amalfi Coast
Few places in the world will wow you like the lost city of Pompeii. It’s on just about every traveller’s bucket list, yet getting there has its complications. We’ve removed all the logistic stress of touring Pompeii from Rome with this all-inclusive, value-packed day trip so that you can tour Pompei and then enjoy a door-to-door transfer to your hotel of choice along the Amalfi Coast.
- Travel in absolute comfort with ample leg room, Wi-Fi, restrooms and refreshments – high speed train cuts travel time to Naples in half!
- A Pompeii born-and-bred archeologist guide makes for an authentic local experience
- Enjoy a farm-to-table lunch with wine made from the volcanic soil of Mt. Vesuvius
- No hassle transfer from Pompeii to your Sorrento or Amalfi Coast hotel
Meet our tour leader at Termini Station and get an early start by high-speed train. In just over an hour we arrive in Bella Napoli, where your Italia Tours leader will greet you and lead you to a shuttle bus headed straight for the Pompeii Archeological Area.
Our guides are native of Pompeii and most have taken an active part in the excavations here which will be evident as they lead you through the streets of this fascinating city while uncovering moments of terror frozen in time, death postures and ruins unchanged from almost two millennia ago. Enjoy a stroll down the long and ancient streets where perfectly conserved ancient bakeries, shops, stalls, private and communal residences, public baths and yes, even brothels remain! See plaster casts of the Pompeiians who were immortalized on that tragic day.
Upon conclusion of the guided tour in Pompeii, our driver will lead the way to a prize-winning vineyard nearby to taste four of the wines produced on the fertile volcanic slopes of Mt. Vesuvius followed by a leisurely lunch where local specialties take center stage. After enjoying an abundance of antipasti, a farm-to-table first course and dessert at the winery, enjoy a scenic transfer to Sorrento or your destination of choice on the Amalfi Coast.
- High-speed rail tickets from Rome to Naples
- Shuttle from Naples to Pompeii
- Fully guided tour with skip-the-line entry to Pompeii
- Farm-to-table family friendly wine tasting and lunch
- Luggage held secure while you tour
- Transfer to Sorrento/Amalfi Coast
- Hotel pickup (available as an add-on)
- Amalfi Coast Hotel (clients choose and book their own accommodation)