Enjoy a Pompeii visit with an epic wine tour. Walk down ancient streets and see richly colored frescoes that still adorn this amazing place. Book online now!
EPIC TOUR OF POMPEII WITH AN ARCHAEOLOGIST GUIDE
- Adult ages 18-99
- Child ages 6-17
- Infant ages 0-5
Explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii through the eyes of a local archeologist and discover what life was like in this prosperous city before the catastrophic AD 79 eruption of Mt. Vesuvius covered it in ash, immortalizing it forever.
- Exploring a UNESCO World Heritage Site with an expert archeologist guide
- The invention and meaning of vibrant colors in Pompeii’s carefully preserved frescoes
- How plaster casts immortalized the bodily and facial expressions of terror when Vesuvius erupted in 79AD
Meet your local guide by the Pompei archeological park entrance. Neapolitans are known for their warmth and humor, and our team of guides is no exception to the rule. After brief introductions, begin exploring this fascinating Roman city that met its fate in October AD 79 when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and the entire surrounding area and population were engulfed with burning pyroclastic flow.
Once a holiday resort where wealthy outsiders came to purchase and enjoy second homes, the perfectly preserved city of Pompeii provides an up close and personal snapshot of the fascinating people who lived there, how they lived, what they wore, how they ate and drank, and even the guilty pleasures they indulged in. As your expert archaeologist guide leads you down the ancient cobblestone streets, get a glimpse of how perfectly conserved ancient bakeries, shops, stalls, residences, public baths, amphitheatres and even brothels paint a perfect picture of what daily life was like in this bustling city.
The moments of terror so eerily frozen in time provide a powerful reminder of human impotence and the fleeting nature of life. As Pompeii remains an active archeological site, excavations are still ongoing and new discoveries are commonplace.
Duration: Approx. 2 hours
- Priority access tickets to Pompeii Scavi
- Fully guided tour of Pompeii
- Unlimited time in the ruins after the guided tour
- Small groups of max 20 participants
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Personal extras
Important to Know:
- The ground in Pompeii is composed of large stone or dirt pathways that can be difficult to navigate with strollers or wheelchairs. Contact us to determine the best way to visit Pompei with small children or guests confined to wheelchairs.
- Only small bags or purses are allowed in the archeological area. No large bags or weapons allowed, and there is no cloakroom available.
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Important to Bring:
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- A hat and sunblock during summer months