Tour the Colosseum and Roman Forum alongside an expert archaeologist guide as you walk in the footsteps of Gladiators and Caesars who inhabited Roma Caput Mundi, followed by a visit to the site…
Please note: The Gladiator Gate and Arena floor may be closed due to Covid 19 restrictions. If unavailable, the tour will enter the Colosseum main arena.
- Adult ages 18-99
- Child ages 6-17
- Infant ages 0-5
Visit the Colosseum Arena
Step back in time as your expert guide brings to life the most important temples and shrines of the Roman Forum and leads you through the Colosseum in the footsteps of Gladiators of Rome who killed and survived, or died for the entertainment of the masses!
- Skip-the-line access means you bypass queues at the Colosseum AND Roman Forum
- Walk in the footsteps of Julius Caesar, Augustus, Nero and more
- So many takeaways! Learn the meaning of “Caput Mundi,” what’s all the fuss about a she-wolf, and did all roads really lead to Rome?
Meet your guide just steps from the Colosseum where you’ll want to take some pictures of the spectacular view before we descend to the entrance.
Enjoy fast track entry to the vast arena, the Icon of Rome once able to seat up to 50,000 spectators. Work on the Colosseum began in 72 AD and took 8 years to complete. Once inside, your guide will paint an accurate picture of the Gladiator games that took place in the Roman Empire’s most impressive arena, helping you to decipher between fact, fiction, and the images portrayed by big-screen Hollywood blockbusters.
After walking around the perimeter of the Colosseum, gaze down onto the arena floor and beneath to the maze-like underground level where man and beast awaited their moment of glory or met their fateful death.
Follow your guide outside the arena and travel even further back in time as you enter the Roman Forum, the true heart of Ancient Rome with monuments dating as far back as the 7th century BC. Learn of the legendary founding of Rome on the Palatine hill and how a she-wolf rescued and nursed the young twins Romulus (legendary first King of Rome) and Remus after they washed up on the banks of the Tiber River, and how these famous twins would pave the way for tyrants, Emperors, and Caesars who declared themselves Gods throughout the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
Priority access tickets to the Colosseum
Fully guided tour inside the Colosseum and Roman Forum
Unlimited time in the Roman Forum
Small groups of max 20 participants
Hotel pickup and dropoff
Know before you go:
- The ground in the Roman Forum is composed of large stone or dirt pathways that can be difficult to navigate with strollers or wheelchairs. Contact us to determine the best way to visit Ancient Rome with small children or guests confined to wheelchairs.
- Only small bags or purses are allowed in the Colosseum. No large bags or weapons allowed, and there is no cloakroom available.
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- A hat and sunblock during summer months