Rome may not have been built in a day. But with the right guide, there’s no reason why you can’t see it in one day on this “extreme” Rome and Vatican adventure.
- Adult ages 18-99
- Child ages 6-17
- Infant ages 0-5
Visit ancient Rome and the Vatican Museums
Only one day to check off all the must-sees in Rome? Andiamo! In one action-packed day you’ll tour the Colosseum and Roman Forum in the footsteps of Gladiators and Caesars who inhabited Roma Caput Mundi, followed by a break for lunch fast track entry to the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel!
- Skip-the-line access to THREE venues along this tour.
- So many takeaways! Learn the meaning of “Caput Mundi,” gaze up at the majestic Sistine Chapel, and did all roads really lead to Rome?
- Fully guided am tour, time for a leisurely lunch, and a self guided skip the line entry to the Vatican
Meet your guide just steps from the Colosseum and enjoy fast track entry to the vast arena, the Icon of Rome built in 72AD to seat up to 50,000 spectators. Once inside, your guide will paint an accurate picture of the Gladiator games that took place in the Roman Empire’s most impressive arena, helping you to decipher between fact, fiction, and the images portrayed by big-screen Hollywood blockbusters.
After walking around the perimeter of the Colosseum, gaze down onto the arena floor and beneath to the maze-like underground level where man and beast awaited their moment of glory or met their fateful death.
With the Colosseum behind you, travel even further back in time as you enter the Roman Forum: the true heart of Ancient Rome with monuments dating as far back as the 7th century BC. Learn of the legendary founding of Rome on the Palatine hill and how a she-wolf rescued and nursed the young twins Romulus (the first King of Rome) and Remus after they washed up on the banks of the Tiber River, and how these famous twins would pave the way for future tyrants, Emperors, and even Caesars who declared themselves Gods throughout the rise and fall of the Roman Empire. Remain in the Roman Forum as long as you wish before enjoying a break and perhaps a leisurely Roman lunch before your afternoon Vatican entry ticket.
Visit the Vatican at your own pace, taking in the major works of art ranging from Greek and Roman sculpture to Renaissance masterpieces including the Sistine Chapel itself. Remain in the chapel as long as you like, it is after all a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum & Roman Forum
- Fully guided tour of the Colosseum & Roman Forum
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
- Small groups of max 20 participants
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Guided tour inside the Vatican
Important to Know:
- The ground in the Roman Forum is composed of large stone or dirt pathways that can be difficult to navigate with strollers or wheelchairs.
- Only small bags or purses are allowed in the Vatican and the Colosseum. No large bags or weapons allowed, and a cloakroom is available at the Vatican only.
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour. Contact us to determine the best way to visit Ancient Rome and the Vatican with small children or guests with reduced mobility.
Important to Bring:
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- A hat and sunblock during summer months