Immerse yourself in the history of Ancient Rome alongside an expert archaeologist guide as you walk in the footsteps of Gladiators and Caesars who inhabited Roma Caput Mundi.
- Adult ages 18-99
- Child ages 6-17
- Infant ages 0-5
The Ultimate Bucket List Tour of Rome
Only one day to check off all the must-sees in Rome? Andiamo! In one action-packed day you’ll tour the Colosseum and Roman Forum in the footsteps of Gladiators and Caesars who inhabited Roma Caput Mundi, stroll through the iconic piazzas and fountains of historic Rome, and take in all of the highlights of Vatican City.
- Skip-the-line access to FOUR venues along this tour
- So many takeaways! Learn the meaning of “Caput Mundi,” how much work went into painting the Sistine Chapel, and did all roads really lead to Rome?
- Tick more than a dozen sites off your bucket list on this full-day tour
Meet your guide just steps from the Colosseum and enjoy fast track entry to the vast arena, the Icon of Rome built in 72AD to seat up to 50,000 spectators. Once inside, your guide will paint an accurate picture of the Gladiator games that took place in the Roman Empire’s most impressive arena, helping you to decipher between fact, fiction, and the images portrayed by big-screen Hollywood blockbusters.
After walking around the perimeter of the Colosseum, gaze down onto the arena floor and beneath to the maze-like underground level where man and beast awaited their moment of glory or met their fateful death.
With the Colosseum behind you, travel even further back in time as you enter the Roman Forum: the true heart of Ancient Rome with monuments dating as far back as the 7th century BC. Learn of the legendary founding of Rome on the Palatine hill and how a she-wolf rescued and nursed the young twins Romulus (the first King of Rome) and Remus after they washed up on the banks of the Tiber River, and how these famous twins would pave the way for future tyrants, Emperors, and even Caesars who declared themselves Gods throughout the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
As we change gears and fast-forward many a century, no visit to Rome is complete without a trip to the Trevi Fountain. This renaissance jewel was immortalized in Fellini’s film “La Dolce Vita” by none other than Anita Ekberg, who dared to take an impromptu dip. Be sure to toss three coins into the blue water before moving on to our next port of call: the Pantheon. Tour this astonishing architectural marvel built nearly 2,000 years ago as a Pagan temple to honor the Gods, and learn why it is the best preserved of all the Roman ruins in the city.
The morning segment of this tour concludes at Piazza Navona, the most beautiful of Rome’s renaissance squares. As you stroll across this picturesque promenade that lies above what was once emperor Domitian’s stadium, you’ll enjoy the scene of buskers and street artists while Bernini’s remarkable Baroque fountains take center stage.
Enjoy a quick bite and a rest and rest before continuing on to the Vatican. Your guide will be sure to make some great recommendations for authentic local fare. Enjoy a shuttle transfer across the scenic Tiber River for the pièce de resistance: the Vatican.
Enjoy priority entrance as we head past the queues and straight into the Vatican Museums! See the major works of art ranging from Greek and Roman sculpture to Renaissance masterpieces, though much of this tour will be dedicated to the Sistine Chapel itself. From the commissioning of this colossal masterpiece to the finishing touches applied by Michaelangelo Buonarroti, your guide will help you to discern between myth, fact, and popular Hollywood fiction regarding this majestic work of art.
After spending some time gazing at the world’s most famous frescoed ceiling, enjoy privileged access to St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel, a perk offered to authorized tour operators only. Learn about the major works of importance by Michelangelo and Bernini inside St. Peter’s before your guide bids you farewell, and remain inside St. Peter’s as long as you wish as your Rome in Day tour comes to a conclusion.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum & Roman Forum
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
- Priority access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Fully guided tour, broken into two segments
- Transport between the historic center and the Vatican
- Small groups of max 20 participants
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Personal extras
Important to Know:
- The ground in the Roman Forum is composed of large stone or dirt pathways that can be difficult to navigate with strollers or wheelchairs.
- Only small bags or purses are allowed in the Vatican and the Colosseum. No large bags or weapons allowed, and a cloakroom is available at the Vatican only.
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour. Contact us to determine the best way to visit Ancient Rome with small children or guests confined to wheelchairs.
Important to Bring:
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- A hat and sunblock during summer months